1. Arts Council director welcomes new Arts Council members
The Director of the
Arts Council, Mary Cloake, welcomes Pat Moylan as chairman of
the Arts Council, as well as new Council members.
2. Reminder: Once-off Project Award closing date - 5:30pm, Thursday 12 February
The closing date for receipt of applications for the Once-off
Project Award is 5:30pm on Thursday, 12 February 2009.
3. Reminder: New Work Project Award closing date - 5:30pm, Thursday 5 February
The closing date for receipt of applications for the New Work
Project Award is 5:30pm, Thursday 5 February 2009.
4. Reminder: Small Festivals Scheme 2009 – round 2
Reminder: Small Festivals Scheme 2009 closing date round 2 -
Friday 27 February 2009.
5. Deadline: Artist in the Community Scheme, 26 February 2009
The deadline for the next round of the Artist in the Community
Scheme is 26 February 2009.
6. Deadline: Location One Fellowship, 20 February 2009
The deadline for the Location One Fellowship is 20 February
7. Deadline: Young Ensembles Scheme, 20 March 2009
The closing date for this year's Young Ensembles Scheme is 20
8. Invitation to tender on research project on artists in Ireland
The Arts Council and the Arts Council of Northern
Ireland wish to retain a research consultant for a project on
artists in Ireland. The deadline
for applications is 20 February 2009.
9. Deis decisions: November 2008
Deis is a proposal-based scheme which is aimed at encouraging
and facilitating the traditional arts community to seek funding
from the Arts Council for a range of projects.
10. Decisions: Small arts festivals scheme 2009, round one
The Arts Council is delighted to announce its decisions on first
round of the small arts festivals scheme for 2009.
11. The Arts Council and the Irish Film Board announce the recipients of Cinema Digitisation Scheme grants
The Arts Council and the Irish Film Board wish to announce
grants that have been awarded under the Cinema Digitisation
12. News from the arts community
Temple Bar Cultural Trust are seeking to engage production
management services for 2009.
13. International news from the Cultural Contact Point
News from the CCP in January includes: a call for applications
for the EU Culture Programme Strand 1.3; the announcement of
funding for pilot mobility projects; news that the European
Parliament has voted to continue the Mobility Pilot Project; views
on 'Architecture: Culture’s Contribution to Sustainable
Development'; recommendations on media literacy; a new programme
entitled 'Erasmus Mundus 2009-2013'; and information about a
fellowship for young translators.