The Arts Council announces the first of two rounds of the Festivals Investment Scheme (FIS) for festivals taking place between January and June 2022.
The Arts Council’s role is to advocate for a diverse and varied arts festival ecology and to provide a chain of funding supports that encourage: models of national and international significance and best practice, models that increase opportunities for public engagement or develop the work of an artist/artform, festival programmes engaged with, and relevant to the local community.
The purpose of the Festival Investment Scheme is to provide festivals with the appropriate supports to deliver quality arts experiences for audiences, to contribute to the development of artform practices, to creatively and imaginatively engage audience, and to increase opportunities for public engagement through their festival activity. The scheme is open to multi-disciplinary festivals and single artform festivals.
- that linked events, such as quarterly music recitals or monthly literature platforms will NOT be prioritsed for funding)
- All applications should prepare Covid contingencies and proposals should be based on the best public-health advice and guidance available at the time of making your application
- All applications are required to provide contingency plans in relation to their festival planning.
There are three bands of funding available:
- Band A: Up to €7,000
- Band B: Between €7,001 and €20,000
- Band C: Between €20,001 and €35,000
The Festivals Investment Scheme Round 1 is open to organisations promoting festivals with a clear artistic purpose and which will take place between January and June 2022.
Applications open: 22 June 2021
Applications closing date: 22 July 2021 at 5.30pm
The Festivals Investment Scheme is a competitive scheme that offers funding to support the staging of festivals on a non-recurring basis.
All applications must be made through the Arts Council Online Services site here.
For further information please view the FIS Frequently Asked Questions Section hereor contact the festivals team at the Arts Council:
Regina O’Shea: firstname.lastname@example.org, 01 6180260
Adrian Colwell: email@example.com, 01 6180284