Launch of the next phase of the RAISE Private Investment Capacity Building programme.
In 2012, we launched the RAISE private investment capacity building programme to grow a culture of philanthropy and private giving to the arts in Ireland. The programme was launched to develop the fundraising capability for the chosen arts organisations by delivering the skills and resources to build robust, sustainable organisations.
Following on from the initial programme, we have now appointed O’Kennedy Consulting, leading fundraising and philanthropy advisors, to manage the new phase of RAISE. The key outcomes for this programme are:
- To build capacity in the chosen organisations to generate significant new private investment including philanthropic investment
- To develop skills in planned giving across all the chosen organisations
- To deliver a scalable and sustainable private investment model for chosen organisations
The Arts Council are delighted to invite organisations to submit an expression of interest to participate in the new phase of the RAISE programme. There are two Tiers that organisations may fall into:
Tier 1: Ready to Engage Organisations
Five Tier 1 organisations will be chosen for Phase 1 of this programme.
- Criteria: Medium sized organisations with annual turnover between €300,000 and €800,000 and large organisations with annual turnover of over €800,000.
- The chosen organisations must demonstrate that they have robust organisational structures, strong fundraising propositions, clear marketing plans and the internal capacity, leadership and board buy-in to ensure the development of impactful private investment strategies.
Tier 2: Getting Ready to Engage Organisations
Up to a maximum of Thirty Tier 2 organisations will be chosen for Phase I of this programme.
- Criteria: Medium organisations with annual turnover from €300,000 and €800,000 that are deemed to not yet be organisationally ready to engage in detailed fundraising strategy development, and small organisations with annual turnover of less than €300,000.
- Of the Tier 2 organisations that will be chosen, preference will be given to those organisations who can demonstrate a commitment to developing private investment fundraising programmes in the medium to long-term, and those that have a clear organisational strategy.
Arts organisations are being invited to submit an Expression of Interest in relation to this programme with a deadline response of 5pm on Friday 14th September. Further information will be posted on the Arts Council website and will be included in the Expression of Interest invitations being sent out.