Arts Grant Funding is a new funding programme that has been developed as part of the Arts Council’s new funding framework. This framework has been informed by, and is designed to deliver on, the commitments set out within the Arts Council’s ten-year strategy, Making Great Art Work.
In offering this programme, the Arts Council wishes to foster and respond to a diverse and dynamic arts ecology by creating opportunities for a wide range of artists and organisations.
Dates for information clinics will be announced in the January newsletter.
Arts Grant Funding will award financial support to organisations and individuals to carry out a series of activities between July 2018 and December 2019*. These activities can include:
- the creation, production and/or presentation of work to the public
- the development of artistic ideas
- the delivery of a series of arts activities or events
- the provision of supports, resources and facilities to artists
The closing date for application is 8 March 2018.
The window for making an application will open on Tuesday, 23 January 2018.
The guidelines for Arts Grant Funding will be available on the Arts Council website from 18 December.
Who can apply?
Arts Grant Funding is available across all artform and arts practice areas, and is open to:
Note: Individuals applying must demonstrate that their proposal involves collaboration and/or partnership that include the delivery of public outcomes or outcomes that benefit other artists.
Applications cannot be made to both the Project Award in February and Arts Grant Funding in March 2018.
*Funding period to which the award applies
Funding is available to support proposals that take place within or across the 18-month period from July 2018 to December 2019.
In certain cases, applicants may only apply for activities commencing on or after 1 January 2019. These are:
- Applicants who have already been awarded funding to support their activities for 2018 in response to an application for Strategic Funding and who have been advised to apply to Arts Grant Funding.
- Applicants who have applied to the Festival Investment Scheme (FIS) for 2018, whether your application for funding has been successful or not.
Applications will only be accepted through the Arts Council’s online services website. Applicants who have not previously used this system must register in advance of making an application. It is recommended that applicants allow five working days for registration prior to making an application.